Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dying and living

OpenSalon publishes the story of death and new life:
I am a woman with a past. You would probably think of me as a transsexual or transgender, which is why this blog is anonymous. I don't want you to think of me that way. But I do want a forum for expressing my history and the issues that still surround it. Those who know me, know me only as an ordinary woman. And I want to keep it that way, for that is how I know myself. Here, though, you will hear my secret herstory.

Read her story here.

7 comments:

Frank Remkiewicz aka “Tree” said...

Wow! Is it not time to stop the insanity? It is time to reach out in Christian charity. To love our neighbor as ourselves.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

So it is. And it's a shame the things this human being had to go through.

And the total absence of love and charity is a shame. The closed doors, the fears.

Ann said...

TransEpiscopal has a blog here.

Ann said...

Yes Goran and Fred. I don't know how to get the marks over the o.

James said...

Ann, just add an 'e' after the vowel and it makes it sound like ö.

This story is incredible. Thank you for calling it to my attention.

Anonymous said...

This story cuts too close to home for me.

That's all I have to say.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Anne dear,

Just copy and paste, I always do when I need a letter which isn't on Engrish keyboards ;=)