Sunday, April 9, 2017

The walk to Easter

Well, friends, here we are again, entering the journey from the celebration of the entry into Jeruselam into Holy Week.  I nipped around taking photos today (I am now a card-carrying church photographer, did I tell you that?)  and listened to the stunning chant of the Passion and that searing moment when the congregation says "crucify him!"

And the beauty of the chant does not buffer that moment.  Any more than it buffers the explosions in the coptic Christian community in Egypt yesterday.

Do I need to remind you of Ephesians 4:32?

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Or just,

Be Kind.



3 comments:

Kevin K said...

Dear IT,

You've always been a bit of a card.

IT said...

I will take that as a positive, Kevin. A joyous easter to you, and let us be good to one another.

Kevin K said...

It was certainly meant positively. The same to you and yours.