Sunday, November 29, 2015

And so it begins....

I actually enjoy Advent.  I like the stillness, the waiting in the dark.  I do a lot of waiting in the dark as a commuter.  There is a lot of time to think, waiting for trains, watching the vapor of my breath in the cold.

One of the disciplines in which I participated last year was #Adventword,  a project from the Society of St John the Evangelist.   Each day, they send a word with a reflection.  The idea is to share pictures:
Participate in the Anglican Communion’s Global Advent Calendar. 
During Advent, we anticipate the coming of Christ, an event that awakens our deepest desires and longings. The Anglican Communion with the SSJE Brothers invites you to:
  • Pray through Advent.
  • Use your phone camera.
  • Help create a Global Advent Calendar.
Sign up and receive the daily #AdventWord email meditation.
Tweet, Facebook or Instagram an image each day #AdventWord. 
Watch the Advent Calendar grow each day. 
Thousands of people will be sharing their personal images in response to the daily meditations.
 This appeals to me as a photographer, and I used a mixture of religious and non-religious imagery, some previous pictures, some new.  I'll be doing it again this year.   Join in!


No comments: